IgA, IgG, and IgM are often measured together. That way, they can give doctors important information about immune system functioning, especially relating to infection or autoimmune disease.
To Remember Immunoglobulins- “GAMED”
- the most abundant type of antibody, is found in all body fluids and protects against bacterial and viral infections.
- is found in high concentrations in the mucous membranes, particularly those lining the respiratory passages and gastrointestinal tract, as well as in saliva and tears.
- is found mainly in the blood and lymph fluid, is the first antibody to be made by the body to fight a new infection.
- is associated mainly with allergic reactions (when the immune system overreacts to environmental antigens such as pollen or pet dander). It is found in the lungs, skin, and mucous membranes.
- which exists in small amounts in the blood, is the least understood antibody.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!