ASSESSING MOLE’S MALIGNANT POTENTIAL: Use the abcde
Moles, brown spots and growths on the skin are usually harmless — but not always. Anyone who has more than 100 moles is at greater risk for melanoma. The first signs can appear in one or more atypical moles.
- a: asymmetry–is the mole irregular in shape?
- b: border–is the border irregular, notched, or poorly defined?
- c: color–does the color vary (for example, between shades of brown, red, white, blue, or black)?
- d: diameter–is the diameter more than 6 mm?
- e: evolving- Any change — in size, shape, color, elevation, or another trait, or any new symptom such as bleeding, itching or crusting ?.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!